Progress to Ultimate Goal

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Mixed Emotions :o

Hi all, it's been a few days since my last update.  The shopping was a ton of fun.  I spent way too much money but got some great bargains and made a major dent on my Christmas list.

I did quite well food wise over the weekend although I found it really tough as we ate in restaurants a few times. I am very grateful for my IPhone so I could connect and check out the calories, fat, etc of the menus.  This was a blessing.  I found it really hard to get some ideas of what I could have that would be in my allowance but after a lot of digging I did well.  I only did a short workout at the gym but as you can expect, we did a fair bit of walking.

I have to say I found it strange trying on clothes.  I think I was able to choose size 12 pants for the most part and medium shirts which made me really happy.  That being said, I found myself looking in the mirror and seeing a very fat person!  I didn't like how I looked in many of the outfits even though the tags say I have down quite a few sizes, I looked like I always did.  The feeling didn't last all the time but I noticed it over and over again.  I actually felt a little discouraged at times but I had to shake my head and tell myself that it's my brain not catching up with the changes I've made.

I at least got a few things that fit me better and will protect me against pants falling down on the hips (which actually happened when I was doing a presentation - I noticed I was wearing hipsters when in reality, the pants should be sitting on my smaller waist!  I'm going to take a few things in on the weekend as they will hold me over until I get to goal.

Now for the wait, I mean weight... I seem to have plateaued as I have been at the same weight for over a week. For the most part I am watching what I am eating and getting exercise but feel somewhat bloated and sluggish.  I'm trying to be patient and tell myself it's just the change in routine but as you guys all know, it's frustrating when you don't see any movement on the scale and you're doing all the right things.... All I can tell myself is be patient!!!

My biggest loser competition ends this week so unfortunately the stall has happened at a bad time but it is what it is.  I can only do my best and I want to be able to look back and say I did it the right way and gave it everything I had.  I am neck and neck with another lady so I think I will come in first or second.  I have to be preparing myself for the possible second place as I don't want to have to face it as a major set back in my journey.  Send a few good wishes my way if you can spare any... :)

Have a great night and I promise to get back in the blogging mood!

G

3 comments:

Ex Yo-Yo Dieter Debbie said...

yEah, I feel like that a lot when I go shopping...frustrating! However, if your pants are falling off, you may need to buy something. :)

Wow - first or second in that contest? Excellent!

Shane G. said...

Well why not use the remaining time to push it hard! I totally would. I actually love the three days before my weigh in because i challenge myself to do go really hard in my exercise and make it count. Finish strong I always say. It was something my coach always taught us in high school, and they say teenagers don't listen!

piecesdesigner said...

I've been hearing this a lot lately. It is most certainly hard for the eyes to comprehending what it is that it's looking at. I had that problem for a long time. Just remember that you don't have to buy clothing to cover you up - try some tighter fitting clothes and you will surprise yourself at how great you look. It may just take a few wardrobe changes but you'll find the right look.