Progress to Ultimate Goal

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Remembrance

Glenda Paquin

2 thoughts to share on "remembrance":

Today is a touching day where we pay homage to all the men and women who have sacrificed their lives in the line of duty, all the soldiers who have been wounded in action and those that have suffered emotional trauma.  They are true heroes and everyone should take more than just 2 minutes to reflect on their decisions and actions and how these have helped mankind.  

My son and I talked a lot about this this week and it feels good to share our views and heartfelt emotions on the subject.  We watched the cermonies on the local TV channel and there was an excellent program on our talk radio channel where they read letters from soldiers to family members from World War I and II, it was amazing.  There is a bill being put forward in our government to make Rememberance Day a national holiday which I whole heartedly agree to.  I would love to attend the ceremonies in downtown Ottawa at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier.  It is great to see it on TV but I want to attend next year.

For me this day has another meaning.  It is the day I found out my husband was having an "emotional" affair with my best friend, in 2001.  It was a devastating time for me and it took me many years to overcome the pain, anger and betrayal.  For many years I cried a lot on this day, actually on the days leading up to this time of year and some days after.  Remembrance Day was the day I reflected on my crushed life.  The crying and sadness subsided over the years but I have to say this year is the healthiest I have felt in my heart since this all came about.  I feel at peace today!  No crying, no sadness and I am happy with my life.  He was even here today spending time with son #2 and we had a chat when I got home after kick boxing, every thing was a-ok.  I have forgiven him and we have a great relationship as ex-partners and parents to our wonderful sons. I can now open my heart to remembering all the good times we shared and what we still have to look forward too.   I am very thankful for this and I am very proud of myself for how I have overcome this life challenge.  

Forgiveness is a choice and is a very empowering one indeed!!!

Be happy...!

2 comments:

Michele said...

Now that was a deeply reflective post. Wow! You have come a long way that you can be reconciled and forgive him. How incredibly terrific for your offspring. They will thank-you in spades as they grow older and into adults. That kind of peace is what is desperately needed in many broken families. Your story is inspirational. Stay strong, my blogger friend. Michele

Karyn said...

Very inspirational post. And I agree with Michele. You have given your sons a gift that is absolutely immeasurable by forgiving your ex. Thanks for sharing.