Progress to Ultimate Goal

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Saturday, November 6, 2010

Saturday Ramblings

My first week on the consulting job.  Thank goodness I knew the project manager and she mentioned she was having lunch brought in for the first week.  She asked if I'd like salads and I said YES.  I brought some fruit to snack on and yogurt so food wise I did well this week.

I also had a good week of exercise.  Unfortunately the outside walks with my dog has suffered because by the time I get home it is dark and there are no street lights on my country road.  I have gone to my kick boxing classes, done the Shred a couple of times, treadmill work and today I picked up two more biggest loser exercise DVDs - bootcamp and cardio max.  I tried level 1 of bootcamp tonight and really liked it.  I want the option of doing different videos to mix things up for my body and my brain.

It's really cool here, going to -6C tonight (or around 24'F I guess) but there is a warm trend coming next week.  I'm off to outlet shop in Syracuse next weekend and am excited.  I will do as much christmas shopping as I can but I also indulge in a few things for myself.  I am really liking picking out clothes now and it's only going to get better from here!

I lost 2 more pounds so am almost at 30 gone - I really can't believe it sometimes.  I don't have cravings for bad stuff.  Sometimes I am really hungry but my mind immediately dials into what good food I have in the house to have which is a huge change for me.  I noticed another NSV for me today, I have a great belt a friend brought me from China and before I started this journey I was on the last notch and the belt cut into my "gut".  Today I had to put the belt on the 1st notch and I had room to breathe - I was shocked!  BooYah!

Tonight we get an extra hour's sleep - what a load of crap.  Most of us will wake up after X hours anyway, it just means we get an extra hour during the day tomorrow which is good anyway.  I got lots of housework to do, my workouts, taking son #2 to soccer skills class and dinner with my in-laws.  It's going to be busy...

Have a great night and be happy!

P.S. I ordered my bracelet "one bite at a time, one decision at a time" from jen and love it!



Now I am wating for my fitness warrior hoodie from Bobbie and I'll be all set!

7 comments:

Debbi Does Dinner Healthy said...

It's about that cold here too at night. Yuck. Ha - with the extra hour, I'll just be up one extra hour talking with blogs!

Beth at Obesity Strike said...

Yay! 2 more gone.

I had a recent "belt" NSV. Always shocks me when I can go down a notch.

Shane G. said...

NSV's a plenty! Gotta love that! I went to a local giant resale shop today and loaded up on some shirts. i have gone from an XXXL to an XL in less than four months! I also bought a pair of 36 in waist pants! That is 4 inches less in less than four months! It is crazy, but true. I am so thankful for all that God has done for me!

fatgirlwearingthin said...

this whole time change really messes with my internal clock. My husband loves it because he feels like he's getting an extra hour to sleep, but it takes me a week to get into the swing of things and I end up feeling all out of sorts until then.
Enjoy your shopping - that's always fun to do. Would love to know what you end up buying!

Ex Yo-Yo Dieter Debbie said...

I like your belt story...funny how you can feel your success in unexpected ways sometimes.

30 pounds is great! Keep at it! :)

Joy said...

Sounds like you had a fantastic week.

Don't you just love fitting into your old things. I try on stuff in my closet all the time. Seems I need to be quick about it. There have been things that I missed trying on and now they are too big. I know it's a good problem.

Keep focused!!!

Anonymous Fat Girl said...

Congrats on the loss. Sounds like you are doing great!!!! :)