Progress to Ultimate Goal

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Homework Blues

Well my days are really exciting at the moment with the new management consulting job.  It is with a growing company making medial products.  It's a new industry for me to work in so I am learning a lot already!  The staff have been terrific so far.

Tonight was busy helping son #2 learning decimal division.  He didn't do well on his unit test.  He had a few mistakes but lost most marks because he didn't show his work.  At first my thoughts were that this pisses me off as he is really good at math in his head but too lazy to write down his calculations.  But after Mom laid down the law regarding homework and study time, he came to me practically crying and admitting he did not understand how to write out his answers.  We did lots of examples together, then he did many on his own and tomorrow he has to show his teacher his work to make sure he is doing it well.  When he gets his test back he has to do it all over as a practice test - this isn't a request from his teacher but an order from Mom.  I also have a better idea of how I am going to check his work more regularly from now on.

So that being said, I only got have a workout in tonight.  That's cool though, the parental stuff comes first!

Eating great, feeling great, but now gotta get some sleep.

Be happy...

4 comments:

Karyn said...

Oh man...I remember those days of math homework! God bless you!!

My son was a real challenge...he was fantastic at math and didn't ever see the need to do his homework. He almost always got a C in math because he aced all tests and quizzes, but got zeros on all his homework!

Hope you get a good night's sleep, and that you have a great tomorrow!

Shane G. said...

Yeah I am not at that place yet, but Lauren seems to struggle a little with math and it will most definitely be me who will be helping her with it when the algebra comes her way. I am rusty but hopefully I will be helpful if needed. I say yes to parent stuff outweighs a workout. Not enough hours are there?

Debbi Does Dinner Healthy said...

I homeschool my 3 and math is TOUGH! My oldest just started algebra and I'm like "oh yeah, I remember THIS!" It's horrible!

My son does the same thing, he does everything in his head and doesn't show his work. He hates writing!

Shanilie said...

I wanted to let you know I tagged you for a meme :) You can participate if you would like.