Progress to Ultimate Goal

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Friday, October 29, 2010

Updates Anyone?

Today was my last weekday at home as I start a new management consulting contract on Monday.  I spent a good part of today catching up on blogs.  Got out for a 3 mile power walk and did the Shred.  Tonight I went to dinner with my son and his girlfriend.  The both commented that I was looking great!  I had a dinner on plan and a little plain popcorn at the movie, the Social Network.

Tomorrow I am here alone.  I plan to go through my closet for all the over sized clothes.  I set aside 6 pairs of size 16 jeans tonight, they are going to my sister's house.  It's kind of scary because when I have lost weight in the past I kept some of the larger clothes - partly because I spend a lot of money on clothes and also because, well you know, when I get fat again!  This time there is no going back, the clothes are not staying in the closet or in a box in the garage.

I'm also going to take new progress photos tomorrow and try on my target jeans.  I'm down 24 pounds and am feeling great.  Some NSV's for me:
- the double chin is virtually gone; my face is not bloated at all
- the fat on my abdomen is down quite a bit, I can see a change when I do my crunches (my inches lost prove it too, along with the size 14 jeans vs 16/18)
- the back boobs (and the side overhang) that used to show when I wore a tight spaghetti shirt is gone
- I can easily bend down and get up, and I can easily get down on the floor and up without the aid of a table or something else sturdy!
More on NSV's tomorrow.  Btw, it took me quite a lot of thinking to figure out what NSV stands for!!!
I have a long walk planned for tomorrow, a Shred workout and the dreadmill.

Sunday it is weigh in day, another long walk, another Shred and then off to my son's place to have dinner and greet the trick or treaters...

It's Friday so it's update day...


My fifth update on my challenges and still going strong.

Syl's October Challenge
Day 29 October and 19 shred completed and 29 consecutive days of exercise for 60min each (minimum excluding Shred); two days it was long walks as I need to rest the arms and shoulders but all is going really well on the exercise front.  Am so glad I was able to turn the audio off of the video, Jillian was driving me nuts!


1.  Lose 36 pounds - lost another 4 this week for 24 pounds to date, 
2.  Workout a total of 5 times a week and go to my Kickboxing classes (counts as 2 a week) -  done
3.  Keep my blogging, my food plan and other stats up to date AND report on Friday's - rockin and rollin along, I LOVE THIS BLOGGING STUFF but man I am finding it hard to stay on top of all the blogs I'm following.  I don't want to drop any as each one has something to offer me!
at my local gym

1.  Lose 25 pounds - I've lost 24 so far after starting Sep 20 and won one weekly challenge at the gym for highest % loss!  I will have to revise this goal to 30 pounds by Nov 21!
2.  Don't quit the challenge - Missed a weigh in but going strong!
3.  Attend gym classes regularly - done, I am a keener



Fran and Syl virtual run
This will be completed this weekend as promised!  And in as much pink garb that I can find.






Oh and Kati at The Great Balancing Act of a 24 Year Old nominated me for The Versatile Blogger award, thank you sooo much! This really perked me up when I was having a down day.  I will get the requirements completed this weekend.

Be happy!

6 comments:

Beth at Obesity Strike said...

Eeeekkk, I have a hard time getting rid of the fatz clothes. Well done for turning your back on them and getting them out of your house.

It was dragging out those bigger sizes those few weeks ago that was the tipping point for me. Sadly I don't trust myself enough yet to get rid of them. I've still got clothes up to a size 24. It's like a weight loss graveyard.

Well done on the 24 pounds and loved the NSVs. Gotta love that melting back fat!

Keep on keepin on.

Beth at Obesity Strike said...

PS Just clicked on the interesting posts link to intuitive eating and ended up back on my blog. Thought it was a glitch so I did it about 5 times LOLOLOL!!! Then it finally dawned on me that you'd actually linked to my blog!! Thanks.

Also, oh my gosh on the workouts, you are doing great. I bow in deference and will most definitely try to avoid coming across you in a dark alley with all that kickboxing action going on! you rock!

Mind Over Fatter said...

Your blog is great, one of my favourites and one of the first I latched onto. You are an inspiration to me. As for the clothes, I vowed this time was different so to make it different my closet is going on a diet too, all those big clothes are outta here.

Sandra said...

I know what you mean about the clothes. Last year I got rid of all of them, then I gained 10lbs over the summer and my clothes are now tight. But I'm not buying anything larger, I'm losin that 10lbs and more!

Great job on all your challenges!

Kati said...

You are doing so awesome! I always hang on to my "fat pants" but I am getting rid of those suckers this weekend!

logmyloss said...

Great NSVs!!! What a fantastic week!