Progress to Ultimate Goal

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Too Much To Do

I am a list person.  I like to stay busy.  I don't like messes or clutter.  I like things organized.  I get distracted fairly easily.

I live in a pretty big house with my 12 year old son.  There used to be 4 of us here but son number 1 has moved into the city and the ex, well he was axed.  I also live on 5 acres so there lots of work to keep up with in the house and outside.

I strive to have everything on track and in order but I can have a few dozen things on the go at once.  So at times I get frazzled, distracted, discouraged.  I feel so busy and tired but nothing seems to be getting done (well anything besides the daily grind).  Then I get frustrated and snappy.  I'm in that kind of a rut at the moment.

I am spending more time for me doing fun stuff like exercising and blogging.  That means other stuff is not getting done.  I have to remind myself that as priorities go, this is it for the present.  The time is now for me to make this change in my life.  I need support, which generally I am getting but I also need to tell myself to relax.    I have to tell myself it's OK to focus on me, it's OK to let the raking of leaves, the putting away of lawn furniture, the cutting of plants, the housework go for another day.  It's OK to tell myself I only have so much time for that stuff and the allotment of time I have planned for exercise cannot be sacrificed.  That is what I would have done in the past - missed one workout to do the extra chores, then missed another one, the two days in a row and the slide begins.  I can't let this happen this time.

So I am going to bed feeling somewhat OK that I did some extra work today and I had a good workout.  Family is fed, homework done, showers, kitchen cleaned, blah, blah, blah...

Be happy, I'm trying to be...

...........

On a happier note here is the latest blog hop, Lucy would like to get 50 this week so join in will ya?

4 comments:

Julie said...

It is so hard to give yourself permission to be good to yourself. I have learned, at least most of the time, that I need me time or I won't be good for anyone. I have help with that too, my mama sees me getting to the point of no return and will tell me to slow down, take some time. It helps to have her do that.
Take time for yourself, your family will love it, you will too.
Take care and God Bless!!

Christina said...

I am a list person to, my list for today is 2 pages long. I know exactly what you mean about spending time exercising and blogging instead of doing what needs to be done. I'm in a rut right now to, its just a cycle I go through and then I will be back on top of things again. Sometimes we just have to learn to let go of perfection and just be happy with what we have accomplished for the day. If I can go to bed with my house semi-cleaned, everyone fed and bathed and my exercise done then I'm a happy woman. Just be happy you are taking time for yourself because most of the time we are forgotten about. Good luck and your doing a great job.

Shanilie said...

Great getting to know you better. I am so the same way. I LOVE making lists upon lists. Always have a coil notebook on my desk I am writing in.

fatgirlwearingthin said...

I've got to tell you, I think you are figuring out the key to happiness: if we can't succeed in taking care of ourselves, we'll have a hard time succeeding in anything (and I need to practice more of what I preach)! So glad you took care of YOU!