Progress to Ultimate Goal

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Kick Boxing ASS Kicking

Today was a beautiful day so I managed to get out for a 4 mile walk, then came in to do a kettle bell workout, then ended the day with my kick boxing class.

I've been to 4 kick boxing classes and they are intense.  Just my luck today she focused 80% on upper arms using weights (after 40 minutes with the kettle bell...) and then we did cardio with a skipping rope.  Who ever brought a skipping rope into a gym for workouts instead of leaving them in the playground should be shot.  And what does skipping with a rope have to do with kick boxing anyway?  Well I managed to do most of the work but man it was hard.

The class is a good hour long with 40 minutes of punching and kicking routines, ab work, and cardio followed by 20 minutes of work with the bag which I love, I am intense at punching the crap out of the bag.  Each time I imagine it as another person that has pissed me off in the past and beat them senseless.  There is just a small handful of people who I categorize as scum - the kind of people who call you a dear friend to your face and stab you in the back at the first chance.  Since there's only a couple, once I'm tired of them I'll pretend the bag is a big fat monster and continue to beat the crap out of it each class.

I'm not down again today but like I said I feel like I am building muscle and toning well.  I need to be patient to see the pounds down on the scale.  I know that working out hard will build muscle which weighs more and sooner or later the hard work and staying on plan will pay off.....right?

I'm really hoping there is some decrease for my BL weigh in this weekend.  If it's none or modest my measurements will be more telling of how I am changing.

Tomorrow is Hot 100 update, should be a decent one for the week,

Be Happy

1 comment:

Karyn said...

Sounds like you had a great workout. I need to work harder at the whole exercise thing. I'm doing a great job walking, but I think it's time to add some other things to my program.

Here's hoping for a great Friday, and for some good and motivating news from that scale very soon!