Progress to Ultimate Goal

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

I'm Retired

At 51?  I wish.  I was tired yesterday and I'm tired today...get it re-tired?

I'm not sure why because I have been getting more sleep and I have been eating well but maybe I have been exercising too much (1-2 hrs), is that possible?  When I exercise I tend to go all out and push myself hard.  I am pretty sore especially in my arms and shoulders so I'm going to cut back a bit or ease off for a few days.  I'm going to keep moving but less intensity.  Any suggestions would be welcome...

I've met the 20 pound mark in 1 month and I am overjoyed.  Mind you I have worked hard for this.  I've also lost 5 inches off my waist, 4 off the abdomen and 3 off the hips.  I see a shape coming back that is not round anymore.  Another milestone for me (and this one is even bigger) is I went to lunch today with an old friend.  I looked up the food options before hand so went in prepared.  We had lunch and talked for a solid 90 minutes, then had to say our goodbyes.  When I was driving away I thought - wow I didn't even think of wine!  Normally I would have a glass of wine with a friendly lunch.  If I didn't I would be thinking about it constantly and feeling deprived.  Today I didn't even think of it - I felt a wave of liberation flow through me.

I know a month is not a long time and 20 pounds is just a start but I am very pleased.  I know there will be hard times in the future but that's where I know I can come here and poor my soul out and get the advice and support I need.

I'm a 51 year old woman who has put off getting healthy for too long.  I have seen many birthdays, Christmas', parties, etc come and go when I wanted to be smaller, dress more stylishly, be more confident and happy but haven't had what it would take to get healthy.  That is the mindset, the plan and the support needed.  I am already looking forward to how much healthier I am going to be for Christmas and for my 52nd birthday - I will be celebrating a new me for sure!

Be Happy!


This is a Blog Hop! 6 entries so far thanks to Lucy... you're next!



5 comments:

Becky said...

Holy cow! 20 lbs in a month? That's amazing!! I can see why you are tired! Don't burn yourself out though. Slow and steady wins the race! :)

rickidocking said...

I tell Kellie once in awhile that it's OK to not go all out...she's kind of obsessive about working out, so I see where you're coming from. You have to take care of EVERYTHING, so relax some days...you're allowed. You have my permission to work out and not feel exhausted afterwards. You are still helping yourself. kellie is addicted to exercising but she has yoyo'd and doesn't want to go back there. You, I think, are like Kellie....this journey has a beginning but the ending is yet to come.
I'm rambling, I believe in you ;-)

Kamarine said...

Nice loss. Well done. :)

Shane G. said...

Yeah you are ok to be tired with that much working out. Your body has not become completely efficient at taking in oxygen as fast as you are using it so you get the tired feeling. You may consider dialing it back some if you can. If not, eventually your body will catch up to your usage. Great job on the weight loss. I remember my first two weigh ins brought me 11 pound losses each (I weigh every other Friday) and I was stoked as all get out and shocked too! Keep up the good work!!

Julie said...

WOW, 20 lbs in one month, that is amazing. It's taken me 10 months to lose 28 lbs but I have lost 45" of fat.
You go girl, you are doing wonderfully. I can't wait to see what next month brings.
You take care though and listen to your body. Don't over do it or you'll hit a wall and it just gets so hard to climb that wall.
Have a great and blessed Friday.