Progress to Ultimate Goal

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Friday, October 15, 2010

Humpty Dumpty Had a Great Fall

Today was a day filled with promise.

I got on the scale first and I was under 200!  Boo Ya, Promise #1.

My plans included travelling to NY (I live in Canada) for some US shopping with my sister and two nieces.  It's about a 2 hour drive to our destination.  We stopped for Timmie's (sorry if you don't know what Tim Horton's is, the best coffee...) and I was looking for the Shape magazine.  I found it but it was October's issue.  I bought it anyway just in case there was a lull in our car cavorting.

Shopping was great, I didn't want to spend too much, especially on myself as I wanted to wait until I am down (plus I have a closet full of a range of sized clothes) but I did buy a neat pair of shoes.  Black clog type with a 2 1/2 inch heel and really stylish with jeans and pants alike.  I decided to wear them out of store instead of the boots I choose in the morning.  Well we were walking down the mall and didn't my left foot slip on their shiny ceramic tile floor and boom, down I went right on my left hip.  Humpty Dumpty Had a Great Fall

Me and my parcels are down for the count.  Don't feel sorry for me as we all laughed so much we almost created a few puddles on the floor!  It did smart a lot and I felt a little embarrassed but I have to admit, if I hadn't been exercising for the past month and if I hadn't lost 16 pounds, not only would the fall have hurt more but I don't think I would have been able to get up so quickly (I practically sprang to my feet).  Promise #2

Then I got home to find out I was one of the winners of Laura's Shape contest (thank you!!!).  I never win anything so this was exciting new, only......

I managed to pick up the November issue while I was in the US!  I waffled about buying it but thought, I don't think I'll win and it would be great to have it for weekend reading so I made the purchase.   I'm happy anyway cause I'm able to start reading it tonight.  Laura can pass on my copy to some other deserving entrant, Promise #3

Oh and when we crossed the border we were over our limit for the day's shopping (dah) and the custom's agent grilled us, but let us through without paying duty and taxes, Promise #4!

A very good day indeed.  It will be interesting to see the colour of the bruise tomorrow, maybe it will turn to fall like colours?

Be Happy!

4 comments:

fatgirlwearingthin said...

sounds like you had a great day. I love shoe shopping - no matter how much weight I gained or lost, I always - always looked like a million bucks in my shoes!

rickidocking said...

keep up the good work l'il sis...pretty soon 'l'il sis' will have 2 meanings. I'm still very proud of your progress esp. in the cerbral area (did that come out right??) ;)

Shanilie said...

Wow under 200! Definitely reason to celebrate. Glad you had fun shopping. I love to go across to the usa and shop. You deserve it!

Anonymous Fat Girl said...

Congrats on hitting that milestone!!! That will be a huge one for me too as I haven't been there since high school days.