Progress to Ultimate Goal

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Holding Strong

Just a quick add on to my note this morning.  I was feeling somewhat down for most of the day but was definitely encouraged by the comments posted, many thanks!

The weather here is not helping; we're having another day of heavy rain.  I tried to get out for a brisk walk twice with my doggie Kosmo and both times we had to turn around after about 5 minutes.  I did get a Shred workout in, 30 minutes on the dreadmill and a good session on the rowing machine.  That perked up my mood even more - like they say exercise increases the endorphins and improves your mood.

My eating is going well, I don't have any cravings even with the donuts and chocolate chips muffins on the counter; oh yah and the chips sulking in the cupboard.  It's been about 2 weeks but it seems like more at this stage.  Even though I'm on a small stall (ie. 4 days) I am feeling smaller.  I see it in my face, arms, waist/abs and thighs.

I'm going to choose a target outfit out of my closet this week (ie. one that is a few sizes too small for me right now) and put it on, take a picture so I can see what it looks like now vs when I am at my 1st goal (Nov 21 for AFC Biggest Loser Challenge); then I will do this for the Hot 100 too.   I have seen this done and it is a really powerful motivator!

Ta for now and be happy!

2 comments:

Karyn said...

Great idea about the outfit...that can be a real motivator, especially when the scale isn't cooperating. I know it won't be long before you're looking at this stall from the other side. Just keep making good choices and exercising and you'll get there. You're doing a fabulous job! ;-)

Michele said...

from Mind Over Fatter by Mind Over Fatter
Sounds like you are a winner-in all counts: Chipper, encouraged, feeling good about your road to better health and you exercised. Good for you!

Stay strong!