Progress to Ultimate Goal

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Monday, October 4, 2010

HAPPY

For the few looking at my blog, you may be wondering why the reference to HAPPY.  Besides the obvious, I am doing my utmost to be happy.  I had an epiphany that ignited my journey this time and at the core is the guttural desire to be happy.  I have to find and cherish the things in life and do the deeds that make me happy.  I have to stop dwelling in the past and reflecting back on all the things that have happened in a negative way.

 I found an anonymous quote today that resonated with me:


" Don't just go through life, GROW through life. Yesterday is gone and you can't get it back so leave the wish I.. woulda, coulda, shoulda in the past with it. Each new day you are given a new opportunity to start over and become a better you. The power lies within you."

I decided to develop a descriptive meaning behind HAPPY that I could reflect on regularly as motivation and inspiration.  Maybe it will help you too...

H             Health, heavenly, hope, harmony, honesty
A             Alive, appreciate, accountable, active, achieve
P             Perseverance, positive, patience
P             Peace, passion, peak, precious
Y            Years, young, youthful, yeah


So I am on a quest to be happy.  My mind will be open to all the advice and ideas I am reading in other blogs and the books I read.  Most of the blogs out there have days where the person behind the keyboard expresses truly profound words or admissions.  Other days are filled with the rants of happiness or frustration - something we all have to do.  

One of the blogs today (Cammy - tippytoediet) wrote about the big deal scale, this was great.  It reminds me of a book I read (and will reread) called "Don't sweat the small stuff... and it's all small stuff" by Richard Carlson.  We know this isn;t true but it's a reminder to me to keep issues in perspective.  We all know we can get frustrated, angry and down right pissed about a lot of small things if we let ourselves follow that path.  So like I said any advice, ideas, etc are neat to be reminded of.

As for the journey, all is going fine.  My motivation is still strong and my dedication to the changes in my eating behavior, exercise, etc is all OK.  Finished updating all my stats, my exercise is complete, dishes done, washing in process and gotta get ready for bed.  

Good night and be happy...

4 comments:

Diane said...

I dated a guy once that was always smiling and always seemed so happy. I asked him about it and he told me that one day he just decided to be happy, to smile and look on the bright side no matter what was happening and he said that you'd would be amazed by how positively people reacted to that. Deciding to be happy was a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Diane

Lanie Painie said...

Happiness isn't as difficult to find as some people believe. It's all around us. Thanks for the reminder!

A friend of mine has on her facebook page "Dont's sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things." THAT makes me happy.
:-)

Karyn said...

Lovely post! Like most things, being happy is a choice. There generally is a bright side to most situations if we choose to look for it. ;-)

rickidocking said...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/livescience/20101004/sc_livescience/dontworryhappinesslevelsnotsetinstone

How fitting. I was just reading an article on this subject. Enjoy!!

GP...did I do it correctly?