Progress to Ultimate Goal

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Shred Challenge


I have been doing the Shred but not every day.  I've done lots of exercise, a minimum of 60 minutes a day but with the walk/runs, kick boxing and kettle bells, I can't do everything everyday.  That being said I decided yesterday to do "the 30 day Shred" meaning every day for 30 days.  What made me decide to do this?

- I like the 20 minute workout for what I can see it is doing for me
- It's getting colder outside and the weather is so unpredictable (ie. rain, rain, rain)
- I found out yesterday I could do the video and turn Jillian off, the repetition of her messages was really annoying me

I responded to Deb today that I was very impressed with her results.  I know there are others who have done this but for some reason it just clicked for me to start my own  challenge.  So day 1 is done.  I'm on level 1 and still struggling to do proper push ups and all the jumping jacks and skipping in circuit 1.  Maybe by the end of 30 days I may be on level 3 but that is not my goal.  My goal is 30 days....

Be Happy...

7 comments:

Anonymous Fat Girl said...

I've done Jillian's 30 Day Shred. I liked it. The goal is to keep moving, no matter what. Good job! :)

Ex Yo-Yo Dieter Debbie said...

Great! (Thanks for the link, BTW)

I did Level 1 for a good 2 weeks before I was ready to move up to Level 2...just go at your own pace. My goal was 30 days, too.

The results I got with the 30DS were not what I was expecting. I was hoping mostly for a 10 lb weight loss and just to complete the thing. I got much more out of it than I was expecting (and found out after the fact that most people do not lose weight doing the Shred). I lost inches -that was good enough for me!

You can do it!

Syl said...

you are doing fantastic, and will love the results of the shred!

Shanilie said...

I have been really wanting to do Jillians 30DS and have heard many good things about it. Level 1 sounds intense enough.

Mind Over Fatter said...

I think any good workout is intense when you start... It's well worth it.

Julie said...

I have to get back to Jillian. She annoys me though and think when I get back to doing her I'll do it with no sound. I'm going to wait a bit though and then start the 30 days challenge with her. I'm still able to get out and walk but soon we won't but not because of rain, it'll be snow, snow and more snow.
Take care and God Bless!!!

Julie said...

Did I tell you I'm following and from Steve's Hot 100's? I forgot if I told you. If I did, excuse me, if not...well you know. :o)
Good night, God Bless!!