Progress to Ultimate Goal

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Monday, September 27, 2010

Hot Chick'in!

The chicken was well done back then.  This is a long time ago, 28 years to be exact.  It is a snap of a very happy, healthy, fit and vibrant lady and it's me!  A former shadow of who I am now.  I'm getting my other pics together but this one is a favorite for me as a motivational view of what I was and can still be.  In the mid teens something click with me to want to be thinner as I struggled being a chunky monkey up to that point.  I could have done the fad diets or worse but I decided one night to get out on the road and pound the pavement.  From that one thought I became an avid runner and the weight melted off.  I became conscious of the food that I needed to be able to run more effectively believe it or not.  So by the time I was engaged and went down the isle, I was the thinest and healthiest I have ever been.

So if that type of change can happen from the one thought that one moment, why not now?  I feel motivated but I also realize it's only been.... a week (now stop laughing or snickering).  It's up to me to prove it's for real and here to stay and at the moment, that's where my feet are firmly planted.  The chick is in (the oven cooking, for probably a year)!

I read some blogs yesterday that really touched me as I could feel the struggle some people are going through after months and in some cases years of blogging and not seeing they're goals met.  This scared me at first because I could see myself in them.  I have been there too, made the big commitment, stayed "on track" whether it be exercise or diet or both only to fall off the wagon time and time again.  My heart goes out to all those struggling and I wish I could message each one to give some motivational message or a big hug.  I'll do this in a prayer.  For me, I am in a great place with my feet walking into a new future, one step at a time and that's all I can do.

I found an inspirational message yesterday that I want to share as I can completely relate with it and I embrace it 100%...

"For everything you've missed, you have gained something else,
And for everything you gain, you lose something else,
It is about you're outlook on life.  You can either regret or rejoice."

I've lost a lot of very important things that I cherished but I have also gained... it's about how you deal with the loss and open you're heart to accept new things.  I believe I have dealt with the losses now and am ready to accept new things.

Today I am down the 3 pounds again (?), I don't really know what's going on with the scale or believe it but we'll just keep watching it for now.  The more important measure is my "feel" and I feel thinner, lighter and more energized.   Oh and inches - I took my measurements and I am down 6 inches from last week (and in the important areas like my flabby abs, bountiful bottom and thunder thighs).

Ta for today, be happy!

P.S.  I've also been thinking about one of my Living List items - working with overweight kids.  I haven't a plan yet but have added a few links of interest.  Lots to think about here........

3 comments:

mensa said...

I love to read new bloggers posts. It's full of hope and inspiration and fires me up. I can feel your excitement and motivation. Hang on to it, it will move you in the right direction.

~Sheilah

Syl said...

Congrats on taking the steps to make yourself a better person. Thanks for stopping by I look forward to following your journey to a better, healthier, happier you!

Syl said...

oh and if you are interested I am hosting a challenge for the month of October, We are just finishing the September one. If you want to join it's either doing Jillian Michaels 30 days shred every day for the month or the other challenge is 20 minutes of excersice every day for the month. Let me know if you are interested, it's a great way to have others support you.