Progress to Ultimate Goal

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Sunday, September 26, 2010

You call this "SUN"Day?

Another dreary day in Ottawa.  September has been the wettest and cloudiest month that I can remember.  Would be great to have some sun for a few days to dry things up but on a brighter note the summer was fantastic!  I hope we don't pay for it with a cold and snowy winter.

I just got home from my biggest loser weigh in and I am a little disappointed.  I lost 5 lbs but was hoping for the 8-10 range.  I knew it wasn't going to be as good as expected because....... no I didn't cheat but I did have to go weigh in at a different time of the day than last time so that means more water and food already in the body.  But you know - I don't care (about the difference in the lbs lost).  Did I say I lost 5 LBS!!!.  In the end  I am very happy with that and it fuels my determination.  This is a good sign.  Normally I would linger on the disappointment and hmmm, cheat?  Maybe or do stupid things like cut back on needed food.  But I won't do either.

This week I am commitment to my new ways and will add some exercise.  As part of the BL club I joined the gym for 3 months and the owner said my son can join as well as long as he works out while I am there (no dah I'd leave a 12 year old on his own).  So this week we are going to try kick boxing.  We'll also get a trainer to show us all the machines and which ones are good for me and which ones are safe for J.  I am looking forward to getting back to exercise but I am going to be mindful of not overdoing it, why?  Because when I do this I exhaust myself overtime and then stop OR I injure myself and have to cut back or stop OR I end up exercising for 1 1/2 to 2 hours a day and overtime you just can't keep this up (well at least if you have a family and a job).  Last time on the roller coaster of weight loss/gain I over did my exercise and got plantar facsia which is extremely painful and much to my dismay very hard to overcome.  It still is an issue some days and I'm not sure how it's going to far when I start back up but I have to give it a try.  I also have to be serious about the stretching that is needed, the heat/cold treatments, etc.  My goal this week is to get the exercise going and lose another 5, this may be ambitious but I'm not settling for less as a goal.

A positive sign of change so far is the energy level I had yesterday for my son's birthday sleep over.  Setting up, catering to, babysitting at times and cleaning up after a party and sleep over for 7 "youths" would normally be very draining for me.  I would get it done but it would take me much longer and it would result in very sore legs and feet and a very cranky Mom/hostess.  I not only managed to be an energetic, happy Mom and Hostess but I made homemade cookie dough so the guys could create their own cookie (instead of a cake, we had that already) and also made homemade muffins and banana bread for breakfast.  I must have been on my feet for 12 hours solid.  Great day overall and a very happy son!  Oh and he friends said I was "cool".

So today is all about clean up and homework.  Then I've got a healthy dinner planned and early bedtimes for all.

Till tomorrow, be happy.

No comments: