Progress to Ultimate Goal

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Friday, September 24, 2010

A SUNNY RAINY DAY

Rainy day but I'm feeling great.  One of the nice things about embarking on this journey is the initial change of losing excess water weight.  I can see it in my face and joints.  I had a very good day yesterday eating healthy food and had little cravings until 10PM - why is that?  I was all cozy watching the Apprentice when I got this urge to eat.  This urge formed into a need for a health bar (I purchased the Kashi bar as they are low in fat, sugars and sodium).  I tried to get it out of my mind and drank a gallon of water but it persisted to so I had a bar.  Actually I had two.  I knew it would not hurt my tally for the day (yes I track my calorie, fat, sodium, carb and protein intake daily).  The second one took me over a little so if it meant I lost a pound in 2.5 days instead of 2 I was OK with that.  After I felt very satisfied with my decision and my craving.  I wish I could have stopped at 1 or even a 1/2 as this would have been a positive sign of controlling my craving or urge but at this stage I couldn't.  I know this will come too.

So I hopped on the scale this am after a great night's sleep and behold, I lost 5 pounds... Notably water but wooohooo anyway (for those of you not familiar with wooohooo it is native to Ottawa and the cheer for the Senators).  It is just what I needed to propel me through the weekend and got to my biggest loser weigh in on Sunday.  I have to go to the county fair (that's what you say in the US I think) not because I like sloshing around the mucky ground waiting for kids on the rides but I am the parent chaperon for the first 2 hours.  Then I can come back and go for a long walk with my dog Kosmo if the weather permits.  Tomorrow is a boys sleepover with 6 11 year olds.  The just want to play soccer outside and then play video games which I'm OK with.  I'll be chilling reading a book, watching TV or on the net (probably blog surfing!

So down 5 and 76 to go... Mind over fatter is going strong.  Be happy!

No comments: