Progress to Ultimate Goal

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Challenges = commitment and focus.

To me this means that challenges will help me with my commitment to my goals and maintaining focus.

I am already in the biggest loser challenge at my local gym and yesterday I committed to 2 new challenges – Steve’s Hot 100 (see link on this page) and Syl’s October challenge.  My specific goals for these challenges are on a new page called My Challenges.  I might have bitten off more than I can chew but I’m on a high and I wanted to take advantage of it.  There is no way I am quitting the biggest loser and the other two challenges are in support of my overall dream so why not.

I got some news today that has good and bad points.  I am a consultant and my business is built on the contracts I sign.  I had one ready to be launched Oct 1 but found out today that it may be delayed until Nov 1.  It will most likely be delayed at least 3 weeks due to red tape.  This is a slight setback and it’s funny, in the past I would have immediately panic’d and reached for the nearest bag of chips and a bottle of red wine... then something sweet, you know the drill.  The next day I would feel back about yesterday so I’d just sink deeper.  But not this time.  I have taken it in strike, so far, and am working out a plan to see how I can use it to my advantage.  So I am SOL with respect to the income I need however I could use the time to polish my business model and website and my weight loss commitment.  I have no time excuse for not doing my workouts.  I can get in lots of walking, The Shred (I’ll talk about that abuse in a minute), sometime at the gym and kickboxing.   I gotta be strong and keep things in perspective.

Now, the Shred, the dreaded Shred.  As noted above I signed up for Syl’s October challenge so that’s the 30 day Shred.  I tried it tonight and OMG that WAS a challenge.  There were a few moves that I couldn’t finish at level 1.  I found the jumping uncomfortable cause I felt like I was going to pee my pants.  It was hard to get my voluptuous body off the ground gracefully and maintaining control of my bladder.  I’ll be better prepared tomorrow.  And the weights I choose were too heavy for the number of reps so I’ll go down a size in order to get level 1 under my belt.  It is compact and a good workout so I’m in for more beatings.

My abs are killing me today from the kickboxing ab work and now my new friend Jillian but it’s a good pain, you know that pain that exists cause you know you did something good for yourself and your body is becoming stronger vs the other pain that comes from being too fat , inactive and having a body full of poison. 

Be happy,

7 comments:

Trish said...

I'm one of your fellow Hot 100 participants just stopping by to say hi.

You have the best name for diet blog ever!

Lanie Painie said...

kickboxing sounds REALLY fun!
I fear people named Jillian. Tell me it ain't so. (cept my 12 yo niece. love that jillian)

Syl said...

love to hate Jillian ;-)

Finding The Thin Within said...

Thanks for the comment on my blog =) I'm looking forward to keeping up with your progress. =) I'm currently involved in 4 challenges myself (hosting one of them) and I love the accountability that it gives me.

<3 Katie

beej said...

Wow, it sounds like you have a lot going on, but they all feed into your goals, and that's a great thing! Nice work!!

Ann (-12 lbs in -60 lb challenge) said...

I found you through Katie's site (blog: Finding The Thin Within). Best of luck with your challenges. I think it is a good idea to jump in while the energy and commitment are at a good place. And congratulations on losing 10 lbs already! Goodness, keep up that pace, and you'll be -40 lbs by New Year's ... almost halfway to your goal. Keep up the good work!

rickidocking said...

test...I'm new at this responding to blog thing. A veritable blog virgin...
This is awesome and we'll be following with great interest, this journey you have embarked on. I'm proud of you. test